Guided Trip Policy
Full payment is due at time of booking.
For our Fisher Towers Colorado River Full and Half-Day tours
If cancellation is received more than 24 hours prior to trip departure there will be a full refund, less $5 per person booking fee. No refunds will be given for cancellations received less than 24 hours prior to trip departure.
For our One-Day Westwater, all of our Multi-Day River Trips and Multi-sport tours
If cancellation is received more than 30 days prior to trip departure there will be a full refund, less $25 per person booking fee. If less than 30 days, no monies will be refunded.
Considering the extensive logistical planning & costs associated with rafting trips, Canyon Voyages adheres to a strict cancelation policy regarding our rafting trips. WE HIGHLY SUGGEST acquiring a low-cost trip/travel insurance policy. You’re responsible for all costs associated with your rafting trip regardless of the reasons for your cancelation, as it relates to cancelation policy.
We do not endorse any specific trip/travel insurance company but the following video from travelinsurance.com is a great overview of what can be covered and how trip/travel insurance works.
Rafting Trip Cancellation Policy
Full refunds are given minus a $5.00 per person booking fee if cancellation notice is received more than 7 days prior to trip departure.
No refunds will be given for cancellations received less than 7 DAYS prior to the trip departure.
RAFTING TRIPS BOOKED USING A PRESEASON DISCOUNT WILL RECEIVE NO REFUNDS IF CANCELLATIONS ARE RECEIVED LESS THAN 30 DAYS PRIOR TO THE TRIP DEPARTURE.
Overnight & Westwater Rafting Cancellation Policy
Full refunds are given minus a $25.00 per person booking fee if cancellation notice is received more than 30 days prior to trip departure.
ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN FOR CANCELLATIONS RECEIVED LESS THAN 30 DAYS PRIOR TO THE TRIP DEPARTURE.
Our Waiver Form
Trip Participant Agreement
- All clients will be required to follow the safety policies and procedures of Canyon Voyages Adventure Co. (“C.V.A”) and their guides’ instructions during activities.
- All clients will be required to sign a Trips Waiver form before departing on our trips. Please download, print and bring in completed copies for all members of your trip. Adults should read, sign and date the back. This form outlines the inherent risks associated with our outdoor activities.
- Each client agrees and acknowledges, when they sign up for a C.V.A. activity, that they have significant responsibility for their own safety during participation in an activity.
Travel Insurance Information
Purchasing Travel Insurance is a safe and easy way to protect your vacation from any loss of monies due to illness or other unexpected situations. We can highly recommend the following listed companies for you to contact, just click on their name to get to their website:
– Travel Guard
– CSA Travel Protection
Rental Equipment Policies
Rental Equipment Waiver
Please fill out our rental waiver here.
How to Reserve Rental Equipment
To guarantee a reservation, we prefer full payment for your rental. Full payment is due at time of booking. If there is any balance of payment we will run this amount 24 hours before your pick-up date.
Rental Equipment Pickup
- Rental Equipment & Boats are due back to the rental shop by 5:30pm on the return day.
- There are NO refunds for early return of rentals.
- LATE FEES WILL APPLY TO ANY RENTALS NOT RETURNED BY 5:30PM.
- LATE FEE CAN = Addition of 1 DAY + 1/2 DAY Rental Charge
- THE RENTAL SHOP CLOSES AT 6:00PM IF KEPT OVER NIGHT IN ADDITION TO THE TERMS OF YOUR CONTRACTED TIMES, THERE WILL BE ADDITIONAL CHARGES.
Rental Equipment Cancellation Policy
- For cancellations received 15-30 days prior to the rental period, payments will be refunded minus a
- No refunds will be made for early returns, or for cancellations received less than 15 days before the rental date.
- RENTAL RESERVATIONS MADE USING PRESEASON OR OTHER INTERNET DISCOUNTS WILL RECEIVE NO REFUNDS IF CANCELLATIONS ARE LESS THAN 30 DAYS PRIOR TO RENTAL DATE.
Security Deposit Procedure
When you arrive to pick up your equipment, we require a security deposit of $750 for each kayak and $1500 for each raft. (Note: The security deposit applies to the first $750 or $1500 of value only. If equipment is damaged, lost or destroyed, you are responsible for 90% of the retail replacement cost.) Security deposits will be returned after equipment has been checked in and inspected for damage.
River Equipment Rental Agreement
If you are renting any of our river equipment, everyone in your party will be required to sign an Acknowledgment of Risk form before picking up the equipment. Please download, print and bring in completed copies for all members of your rental party, this is much easier to do in advance. You can have up to four adults and six youth (18 years old and younger) signatures on one form. This form outlines the inherent risks associated with outdoor activities.
Please note that if your minor children are participating in a group adventure and you will not be joining them, you will need to complete and sign our Youth Waiver and either give them to the group organizer, or have your children bring them when the come to Moab, Utah.
More River Runner Information
We want you to have the absolute best river experience possible. With that in mind we have created a small brochure to help you choose the best river option for you and your groups experience and interest level. You can view our River Runners information or contact us and we’ll send you a copy.
Equipment pick up and return location is at our shop:
Canyon Voyages Adventure Co., 211 N. Main Street, Moab UT 84532