What to Pack for Your Trip
When we meet for this trip you will be given a dry bag to pack your items. We have broken this list into boating needs and camping needs to hopefully help with your packing.
On the Boat
- Water bottle – each boat carries ice water for re-fills.
- Swim suit or T-shirt and quick dry shorts, or long sleeve shirt for sun protection.
- Wear comfortable shoes, river sandals or tennis shoes that can get wet. They should have straps or laces so they won’t come off your feet. We have rental neoprene booties available. You can bring wool socks to wear inside your shoes, but not cotton or synthetic.
- Hat or visor. It’s always best if they can tie on in some way.
- Sunglasses with a retainer strap.
- Sunscreen and lip balm – SPF 20 or higher.
- Bandanna for a variety of uses.
- You can bring a camera, but it is at your own risk as it may get wet. We highly recommend waterproof cameras and we have small drybags and various waterproof containers for sale in our store.
- Bike gloves, or paddling gloves for those folks on a paddle boat.
Things To Bring For Camp
- Long pants and shirt.
- Hiking/camp socks.
- Camp shoes that you could also use for light hiking.
- Warm wool sweater, sweatshirt or fleece jacket. Throw in a fleece type hat just in case it’s cold in the mornings.
- Thermal underwear top and bottoms.
- Rain gear (top and bottoms).
- Flashlight – hand held or a headlamp style. Extra batteries.
- Small towel.
- Biodegradable soap/shampoo.
- Insect repellent and hand lotion.
- Personal hygiene kit such as: medicines, reading glasses, ear plugs, tooth brush/ paste, etc.
- Optional items: binoculars with waterproof protection, journal, book and a small day pack for side canyon hikes. We have Colorado River maps available for purchase at the Canyon Voyages store.
- Tent with a good rain fly.
- Sleeping bag. In the summer months you might like to pack a sheet and you can sleep on your bag with the sheet over you for most of the night.
- Sleeping pad.
If you would rather rent any of the camp gear just call our office to set it up in advance.
Get Ready For Your Trip With Help From Canyon Voyages
Canyon Voyages will supply camp chairs. We will also have an extra iced cooler if you would like to bring adult beverages or extra sodas to drink.
Please remember to bring drinks in cans or a reusable container.